– Other jobs before living of art?
Risograph print technician.
– The story of· your first paid art commission
Bizarrely it was for the cover of the Sunday Review for The New York Times. They contacted me out of the blue via email just after I graduated.
– The best professional lesson you have learned
Failures happen to everyone and learning how to be professional when dealing with hem is the only thing you can really do.
– Other artistic disciplines that influence you
Al of them. I try to search as broadly as I can for inspiration.
– About the creative process: chaos or order?
– Paper or Pixel?
100% paper and I’ll never c change my mind, l’m a luddite.
– Describe yourself in three words
Quiet. Perfectionist. Ridiculous.
– Any book on your bedside table?
Rig at this second it’s Calypso by David Sedaris, who l love.
– Who would you like to receive a letter from?
– A movie
Wings of Desire – Win Wenders.
– A song
It’s All Over Now Baby BIue – Them
— A place in the world
I just spent a weekend in Dorset and spent a magic evening walking up “The Golden Cap”, a cliff on the Jurassic Coast.
— A hobby
I play the guitar.
— A memory of childhood
Lying to a babysitter that a crab waved at me on the beach.
— 3 wishes to the genie of the lamp.
- That I can be a freelance artist forever.
- A house in the countryside.